Notes on Glassfish exploded deploys vs. JBoss

While in Jboss 4.0.x I'm able to mix exploded and packaged modules in my .ear - Glassfish seems to require either fully exploded or fully packaged. E.g. if I have a packaged ejb module together with an exploded web module in an exploded .ear - this doesn't seem to work with Glassfish.

Another thing is that when having exploded ejb and web (war) modules in glassfish the extension should be _jar and _war rather than .jar and .war - in JBoss dots or _ is irrelevant. What might be confusing is that the reference in application.xml to these modules is still done using dots.

These are my initial experiences from trying to get the lmappletserver-addons-example (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmappletserver) up and running with Glassfish. I've now managed to deploy it - but still there are to many errors to call it a successful deployment - will be back with more info as I make progress...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My VNC based development environment with Visual Studio Code running on Ubuntu

Intercepting and adjusting SQL generated by Eclipselink JPA

Exporting Kendo UI GRID to Excel with Java